BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Poet Justice Johnston

Marines:  Billion and I thought you might get a kick out of a poem that Justice sent home from Devil Pup summer camp this year.  As you know, Justice is Billion's daughter and has been training with him for two years because she wanted to go to Devil Pup camp so badly.  She not only qualified at age 14, but came pretty close to a perfect PFT score at camp.

The pups all have to write a letter home to their parents.  They are only to write a letter and nothing else, but our little poet decided to add a poem on the back of her letter home.  The instructors caught it - but thought it was so funny they didn't yell at her!  Here's the poem (translation below):


Poem from Devil Pup Camp
By Justice Johnston

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Why did I come here?
I think I’m screwed.
My hair is messed up
and my whole body’s sore,
I’m so flippin’ tired
I’d nap on the floor (I got MRE cheese spread on my paper)
The instructors are scary,
They’re all women here.
If I mess up,
They’ll all scream in my ear!
We get MRE’s
And they taste like trash,
They won’t let us shower –
I smell like A**.

Love you all,
I’ll be home soon,
Justice Johnston

0 comments: